Version 1.11 (updated 07/04/2013)
Access to and use of this site ('stmarysmenston.org') is provided by St. Mary's Menston subject to the following terms:
1. By using stmarysmenston.org
you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of stmarysmenston.org
. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use stmarysmenston.org
2. St. Mary’s Menston may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by St. Mary’s Menston. Your continued use of stmarysmenston.org
after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of stmarysmenston.org
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use stmarysmenston.org
content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any stmarysmenston.org
content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Note certain images and PDF files have been released under a Creative Commons license and these are clearly stated in their filenames. Any other use of stmarysmenston.org
content requires the express prior written permission of St. Mary’s Menston.
4. You agree to use stmarysmenston.org
only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of stmarysmenston.org
. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within stmarysmenston.org
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to St. Mary’s Menston, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. Under no circumstances will St. Mary’s Menston be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of stmarysmenston.org
regardless of the form of action.
7. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, St. Mary’s Menston does not warrant that functions contained in stmarysmenston.org content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that stmarysmenston.org or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
may include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that St. Mary's Menston recommend or endorse the views expressed within the website(s). St. Mary's Menston has no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
9. The names, images and logos identifying St. Mary’s Catholic High School, Menston or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of St. Mary’s Menston and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of St. Mary’s Menston, or any other third party.
Contributions to stmarysmenston.org
10. Where you are invited to submit any contribution to stmarysmenston.org
(including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant St. Mary’s Menston a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant to St. Mary’s Menston the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to stmarysmenston.org
Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to stmarysmenston.org
, you warrant that your contribution:
10.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to St. Mary’s Catholic High School, Menston for all the purposes specified above; is not defamatory; and does not infringe any law
10.2 indemnify St. Mary’s Menston against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by St. Mary’s Menston as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
10.3 waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on stmarysmenston.org and the purposes specified above.
stmarysmenston.org Community Rules
11. You agree to use stmarysmenston.org
Communities (including discussion areas) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all stmarysmenston.org community sites and services. You should, however, read the local house rules of the particular site or service you're using, as there may be some local variations to these Community Rules.
About your posts:
Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour.
Contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant stmarysmenston.org
No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
No inappropriate (eg vulgar, offensive etc.) user names.
You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses) unless allowed under the relevant local house rules. If you know of a worthy website relevant a discussion topic, please inform the host of the Community area.
Deliberate misuse of Contact forms is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the host of the relevant Community area using the 'Contact Us' link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
About the law:
You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in stmarysmenston.org Communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
The views expressed in stmarysmenston.org Community areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of St. Mary’s Menston.
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local house rules) when taking part in a stmarysmenston.org
Community service, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts. This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of stmarysmenston.org
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to stmarysmenston.org
Communities or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on stmarysmenston.org, and St. Mary’s Menston considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, St. Mary’s Menston may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
St. Mary’s Menston reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
13. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on stmarysmenston.org
(including local house rules) then the latter shall prevail. For example, if a particular image has been released under a Creative Commons license then that will prevail.
14. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
15. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
St. Mary's Menston © 2012